What is a Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award (Watch Out, Martha!) and follow them.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Award to 11 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized and awarded.
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
7. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
8. You are not allowed to tag back the blogger who chose you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I'm double jointed.
2. I attended UCF for 4 semesters for Hospitality Management before leaving to 'find myself'. I'm still working towards that degree almost 10 years later!
3. I rowed in high school and college. My high school team was terrible and I only ever got one medal, a bronze, and only because there were only 3 boats in our race! College was much better - I won gold in every race I competed in except one, which I got silver for.
4. If I won the lottery, I would open an animal rescue. I'm passionate about animals and I cry every time those commercials come on TV!
5. I'm a gigantic nerd. Seriously. I DVR every Star Trek anything that comes on TV. I've watched like 6 of the movies in the past week. I can't wait to the next Star Trek reboot movie to come out - love Chris Pine as Kirk!
6. I'm a 'world traveler', having traveled to: Quebec, Mexico, the Bahamas, Egypt, Israel, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany (twice), and France (twice). I would love my next international trip to be Ireland!
7. I love cilantro. Everyone I know hates it, but I can't get enough!
8. I'm allergic to seafood and shellfish. I won't die or anything (at least not that I'm aware of) but I do get super sick, and will sometimes break out into hives or get really puffy. It's delightful.
9. I love my Gators, but I root for the Cowboys and Spurs when it comes to professional sports. Interesting mix, I know.
10. I really, really want to move to NYC one day (after I'm wildly successful and can afford to live there, that is!).
11. I curse like a sailor in my everyday life. I just try really hard not to curse on the blog!
11 Questions & My Answers:
1. What is your favorite hobby? Right now, thrifting! I've had the best of luck with thrift stores since moving back to Florida, and it's becoming highly addictive. Also, I'm a huge gym rat right now, going for around 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. I also go to Zumba on Thursdays with a friend, even though I'm terrible!
2. How would you describe your fashion style? Laid back and eclectic. Some days I'm preppy, some days I'm a little hippie, some days I'm just a weird combination of everything. I'm definitely not a 'fashionista' but I do like to have fun with my outfits!
3. What are your favorite TV shows? True Blood, Game of Thrones, NCIS, Storage Wars, and The Soup. I've recently become obsessed with The Mentalist. I have like 25 episodes on my DVR right now!
4. What is one of your favorite guilty pleasure songs? Pretty much anything on the top 40 list these days. Call Me Maybe is so much fun to belt out at the top of your lungs while you're alone in the car :)
5. If you could spend the day with any celebrity living or dead, who would it be? Right now I'm pretty obsessed with Gabriel Macht from Suits, so I think I would have to go with him!
6. If you had a time machine, would you go back and change anything from your past? If yes, what would you change? Oh man, that's a tough question. On one hand, I could go back and NOT marry T and avoid the divorce 11 months later... But on the other hand, I've learned a lot about myself because of this experience. So, I suppose I wouldn't change anything because then I wouldn't be who I am today. And I like who I am!
7. If you HAD to join the military, which branch would you choose and why? Probably the Air Force. My dad was Air Force, and after meeting people from every branch while I was married to a Marine, they seem to have the 'easiest' time of all the branches!
8. If you could have any animal as a pet, what animal would it be? I would seriously love to have a cool exotic pet like a mini Giraffe (like that weirdo DirecTv commercial) even though they don't exist!
9. What's your favorite book? The Hunger Games trilogy is at the top of my list right now. Catching Fire is my favorite out of the series!
10. Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? Nope, and I probably won't either. Just doesn't interest me.
11. Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Cold! I love the changing of the seasons, even though everywhere I've lived has been a warm climate and we don't really good much of Fall or Spring. I also love sweaters, boots, hot chocolate, and anything to do with Christmas - and those all happen when it's cold out!
My 11 Nominees:
1. Whimsy Lane
5. Serenity You
10. Hydrangea Love
11. Sweet Boutique
11 Questions for My Nominees:1. What are your biggest pet peeves?
2. What's the one material item you couldn't live without?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What's your favorite season, and why?
5. If you were stranded on an island and could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. Wine, beer, or cocktails?
7. What has been your favorite age so far, and why?
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
9. What do you consider to be your best personality trait?
10. If you had to chose between being deaf or blind, which would you chose and why?
11. How do you like your coffee?